Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sweet Michael-A Blessing


Folks, he did this himself! He found Blythe's recital costume and was very proud of himself that he was a ballerina! July and pretty much the rest of the summer was a blur! What I am about to share with you might make you CRY so grab a tissue!
July 12 is a day as a mother I will never forget! We were at the pool celebrating a dear friends birthday. We were among our church family! There were several kids playing in the pool. I was very confidant that David and Blythe would be okay with friends swimming with them. Michael had on floaties and I kept a good eye on him between eating and visiting with friends. It was getting close to nap time and I knew we needed to go home. I gave the kids a 5 minute warning. Michael got out of the pool and said he was hungry and cold. I wrapped him up in a towel and gave him a sandwich to eat. I walked over to talk to a friend. We were laughing and caring on about our kids and in a matter of minutes is when my world changed!
A teenager friend yelled from the side of the pool, "the baby is not breathing"! My heart stopped as I turned around and saw that it was my precious baby on the ground laying there lifeless.
Two nurses "angels" began giving him CPR and he came back really quick so they say but, it felt like an eternity to me! I was crying as my dear friend Josette held me tightly as we prayed for him the whole time. 911 was called and so was Mitch. I knew that my neighbor who is a paramedic was home at the time so we called him too. Another angel who God gave us that day! He beat the ambulance to the pool and continued to work on Michael. He then carried Michael out to the ambulance and had to give him three more breaths of air before giving him to the paramedics. On the way to the hospital he began to get more stable and even took a little nap! Michael received oxygen on the way to the hospital and only while we were in the ER. Friends and family quickly got the word of what had happened and came to the hospital to give us support, comfort and prayed with us! As we were being moved from the ER to a regular room he ate a rainbow Popsicle and perked right up. We spent the night in the hospital just for observation. We were released the next day with a clean bill of health!
God is good all the time! HE was watching over us that day! Many thanks to those of you who sent cards, came to the hospital, called us, took care of David and Blythe and pored your love on us! We are so blessed and very humbled! This experience taught us many things but I find myself giving more hugs and kisses and telling our children I love them even more every day!

1 comment:

Shana said...

I am so glad he is ok! How scary! Praise the Lord!!!!